The price or unit cost of an SMS message depends on two criteria:
- Destination country. Each destination country has a different unit cost. The unit amount per country can be consulted in the Prices section of our website.
- Type and length of the message. Depending on the number and type of characters contained in the text of the message, the type of message is defined. You can check the definition and the different types of SMS messages in Types of messages.
The cost of an SMS message is calculated as follows, X being the unit cost of the destination country of the message:
- If it is a Standard SMS (only characters from GSM alphabet) the cost is calculated based on the length of the message:
- 1 to 160 GSM characters => X
- 161 to 306 GSM characters => 2*X
- 307 to 459 GSM characters => 3*X
- 460 to 612 GSM characters => 4*X
- 613 to 765 GSM characters => 5*X
- If it is a Unicode SMS the cost is calculated based on the length of the message:
- 1 to 70 characters => X
- 71 to 134 characters => 2*X
- 135 to 201 characters => 3*X
- 202 to 268 characters => 4*X
- 269 to 335 characters => 5*X
- If it is a Certified SMS the cost is calculated based on the length of the message:
- 1 to 160 GSM characters => 11*X
- 161 to 306 GSM characters => 12*X
- 307 to 459 GSM characters => 13*X
- 460 to 612 GSM characters => 14*X
- 613 to 765 GSM characters => 15*X
In case of doubt about the cost of a message or delivery, we recommend reproducing the delivery in any submission form of the WebSMS application. The messages sent, the destination countries, the types of message, and the credits that the sending will consume are shown at all times.
Sending a message "Hi Raul, this is a test message with eighty-nine accented characters included." to the destination number +5212211195921 .
The number indicates that the message is destined for Mexico and the unit cost is 0.013€ (? 0.331 pesos - MXN). As it is a message with accents, it is necessary to send a concatenated Unicode SMS of two segments (89 characters = 2 * X). The final cost of this message will be therefore 0.026 € or 0.662 pesos MXN.